Clearing Clouds of...


Slight change of pace, especially as the blue garden is coping with blue water at the moment!


  I joined a Curated Closet Challenge.  At heart I am a minimalist when it comes to a curated closet. Not so much in reality!  My closet has improved over time from holding ugglies to...

Can't quite believe I didn't catch on how to do this earlier.  Oh MY!

I did feel like my closet was in better shape as far as clothes that served me better. But I now had too many choices.  This closet edit wasn't a huge big deal.  But the momentum does build!

Ten days of prompts and it took me to day 8 to 'get it'!

1)  Describe your ideal style.  I wanna be-  Surprisingly Creative and Contemporary which means true to myself but currently appropriate.

2) Find something stained, ripped, worn out, or not in good condition. -      Surely not in my closet!  But Elysha did a live video and wore a dress that was torn under the arm.  I couldn't take my eyes off her arm pit!  lol.   This made me realize that I will sometimes wear something not perfect because I think people won't notice. Ah, that tired and worn favourite top!

3) Find something that was not worn last summer, or longer. -  Yah, but...  Clear or Wear.  30 day probation period.

4) Find something that doesn't fit well. - Why will I wear a top that gapes, a skirt that rides up, a shoe that pinches?  When things aren't right we can't focus on the people, the event.

5)  Find something you'd not buy today. ( not even the thrift shop).  - Ah, so why are you keeping it???   hmmm

6)  Find something you have kept because it cost a lot of money! - Oh, dear!  Admitting mistakes.

7)  Find something you are holding on to 'just in case'. - How many formal (funeral) events can one go to?

8)  Find something that is no longer your style. - This was my break through.  I have quite a few things that are classic and I am so uncomfortable in the classic style.  So can I restyle it with the sweet/ salty, dynamic opposites, or mixed refinement levels which is a concept I just luv or do I need to clear it?  This also made me aware of how many duplicates I have in my closet.

9)  Find something that doesn't feel good. - Heck, I skipped that particular challenge and tore apart my closet instead.  Big pile for donation!!!

10)  Choose something you wouldn't wear again and review the previous prompts.  If it meets two or more of the prompts bring it out for inspection. - I am on it!


Feels good.  Now there can be remorse but nothing is so precious it can't be replaced.  I did take one skirt out and I have 30 days to put a zipper in it!  lol


 There are all kinds of advantages to having a closet that is personal and curated.  It reflects my own choices and values.  Everything works together.  Decisions are easy because  only the best garments are available for daily or special events.  An extra bonus is that everything is easily seen and doesn't come off the hanger needing ironing!!!  But best of all---  it Feels so good!

One thing I do know though; I won't be going shopping any time soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...