Really Ready



I am really, really, Really,  ready to do Spring.


The playroom switcheroo turned out to be more than I expected but I am very pleased.   The pale green yardage hanging down from drawers is kinda flimsy for quilting but will make a nice curtain over the garment sewing bookshelf.  (I am having a hard time to convince my handy man to centre that odd shaped mirror over my big table.  It is unfortunately hard to hang considering I have it hung contrary to the approved orientation. vbsigh)


Then I decided to quiet the naggy voice that said I had never really purged those drawers and only reloaded them when we moved.  Age plus experience equals smarter.  So I embraced reality and pitched lots of those what if's and I coulds...  Very gratifying.  This photo doesn't show all the fat quarters but do please notice there is room for them and they aren't overwhelming.  I also have a miscellaneous shelf!  Whoo hoo!  The drawers I tackled are the rolling plastic which just shows in bottom left.  Those sheers and fancies are all in two drawers as opposed to stuffed in half dozen.


LUV. Luv. luv!  my design wall.  I think my quilt mojo must have been at low ebb when I decided I could live without one.  But it really is how I roll. These applique blocks were moved to the end white curtain and a spring quilt design which just wasn't exciting me when I laid them on the table bwas flung on the wall and has me ready to embrace the design process again.  All it took was a change of perspective!


The east end mixed media section feels right as well.  Those drawers were only slightly repositioned and have been gone through before.  My counter needs a remodel but in the meantime it works.


My morning habits have been consistent and this desk area has survived the trial switch.  It is cramped and messy but seems to work for what I do here.  When I do planning I stand at a counter.   So for doing my devotions, recording my plans, and  working in my small word journal this works.

I have been helping my dearie in between cleaning and rain squalls.   The warm weather long week end was long time coming but I am embracing the warmth.  My farmer's tan will now extend to my shoulders!    I got the playroom done just in time.  We are creating a village!  Stay tuned.....

Comments

  1. Wow....everything looks great!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great. A reorganization and a purge is sometimes what we need. I working on mine right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am happy to reply to comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer