Summer Time!!!


We have officially past the summer solstice, June 20th.  I am putting all that mind boggling spring weather fling behind me and I am embracing all but the mosquitoes that Spring flung out when she left!

I am switching to my summer decor theme.  I like an old timey colourful feeling.  The peonies are sitting on a very old doll quilt until the new table runner is quilted.


This fabric was bought as a backing for the grand kiddo's guest room and I just never got around to using it.  Actually, they probably have no clue about Dick, Jane, Sally, Spot and Puff! 


I decided to tackle pillows to get the ambiance going!  A quick start was the front room pillows.  These are small and not fancy as they are just for fitting into the small of the back when we collapse after a long day in the sun!

  The entry way has a bench seat and when company is coming the pillows are displayed nicely.  Regular life means they are partially buried under jackets.  sigh.  The smallest isn't quite finished as I needed to find a small pillow so I could use the back of DS#3's summer shirt.   I remember like yesterday when he'd wear it.  Gee, he was young!   "Those were the days, my friend.  I'd thought they'd never end...."


I made a pillow top using triangles but the bright white and colourful print don't play nicely with the faded beach scene.  But it transitions nicely in the guest room.  "one of these things is not like the other..."   or some such Sesame Street jungle.

The study/den is different from the rest of the house because it is the computer room, darker and cozier.  I hadn't intended to do another cross but the accent fabrics were limited so I had to go with the bits I had and still keep to a 30's or mid century style. 

I shall be hiding out in the playroom when the mosquitoes and the temperature get to be too much!   "Bring on those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer..."  




Comments

  1. Love seeing your summer decorating!! I HATE the summer solstice because it means that they days will start getting shorter again. I am SUCH a summer baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am happy to reply to comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer