garden 30/6/19



Another week of garden obsessing.  But this may slow with the arrival of some serious summer heat!

The grand kiddo spent the week and he and the grand gardener cleaned up a couple of brush piles he and the grandkiddies gathered last fall.  So now things are looking much tidier.

They also began the hole for my 'wishing well'.  The hole wille be deep because we want to study the layers of soil.  We also want to know the water table depth.  This hole will be a collection spot for extra ground water and the 'wishing well' will disguise the pump.   We have a foot of black earth and then a good 4 feet of lovely sand which will be used for laying the front terrace pavers.  Below that is gravel and then a grey silt.  We have a relatively high water table.

Next on the list is to bury the pipe that carries the water from the house sump pump.  Likely a berm will go over it on which I hope to have shrubs and fence posts with bird houses on top.  This is to the nw of my potting shed and will be the yellow quadrant of my colourwheel plan.  It doesn't get piles of sun so I will rely heavily on pots.

The se end of the potting shed will be orange and I'll string an old wire fence between its corner and my Gardner's current hedge.  I brought my vintage garden gate with me when we moved and a chunk of wire fencing. Then on the narrow end of the garage is the 'salad bar'.  He is liking it and expansion plans are in place.  The southern end of the house will be my mixed pastel flower bed. I think I need a high trellis wall for some kind of flowering vine.   The 'apricot forest' can be seen between the east house wall and the garage.  The opposite end of the garage will be my red flowers.  The grass has been seeded and the flower beds planned. 


Now we are off to buy an arbor I found on the local buy and sell!  Then we can start spreading sand and laying pavers because that side garden entrance will be figured and in place.  whoo hoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...