Stupervising the Supervisor


August was to be scheduled as the month to finish my projects.  Who knew the harvest would have kept us so busy.

And who knew the trellis colour would be problematic.  I thought the preservative would do it.  hmm, definitely a no.  Then a paint, Oasis Blue looked way too blue.  Well, maybe not when it dries but maybe Dollar Bill green stain would be the better choice for a trellis.  I had to concede to my main man that he was right, not much difference.

We took a look at the forecast and painted on.  Good painting weather.  We got a good half done before things turned rainy. 

In the mean time we moved to the Mayor's house.  Same song second verse! 

I had figured all the drawers as horizontal.  This end is the 'dining' area.  I'd have just banged them on but the OCD guy got out the level and did something to the backing, etc., etc.!  Two tries only to get the small wall hutch centered!  Works for me.

 But that end wall was problematic.  Because of the veranda overhang the centre isn't at the peak so we staggered things but it was hokey.  My handy Man was right;  it wouldn't work!  The middle drawer was taken back off  which he began to realize was standard operating procedure and we reconsidered the situation.   This actually looks better as we are back centered under that peak..  Not for this year but I'm thinking cupboards for underneath.

This wall is the actually the potting area.  My handy Man has agreed to make a high work table.  But of course the shelving material he had intended for the wall brackets was unsatisfactory so I checked out his shelving material in the Supply Depot and we traded!  

The window wall was painted and my vintage letter tray now needs to be put in place.   Not a lot of light inside so I don't know if I will do curtains.  The empty cupboard is a holding place for something interesting but I fear that wall cupboard will need to go up higher.   Needless to say my Man is stupified!!

Speaking of painting...

We got haircuts Friday morning then hurried home because we have a two day window to take advantage of the decent weather.  We have survived the first frost warning.  I worked on the outside of the Mayor's house.  I have no patience for the details and I must concede that we work best as a team with my Painter fiddling with edging and tricky spots while I roll right along.  Three sides done.  The front looks great but my hairdo not so much!!!    

But back to that trellis!  We tried shorter thinner stakes but I think they are not weighty enough so we need to purchase more material.  The tips will be above the stringer as per the top.

But we saved the door trim and the bit of finishing inside for a spare moment when I wasn't needed for trellis work.  The table was slated for a paint job as well.  Robin Egg Blue or white or a cream.   hmmm  He who hesitates is lost so...   This is starting to look a bit too classy for the humble village scene!

I sprayed the two old bed ends.  They should have been more brass like but that wasn't on sale.  My inspector is not impressed with the missed lines on the wall so we will get another gallon for the back and he will touch up the ends. and, oh!, I am not allowed to paint 'his' buildings in the village unless he is with me.  vbsigh   I shall be supervised!

And as the sun goes down on another week and now find that I am the one stupified and the Supervisor is very pleased.   So far so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer