August- Finally Finishing


 

 


  Trying to overcome my 'tendency' to leave things unfinished so, with all that in mind I have made the decision to end each month with some accountability.  Please feel free to help with  "what about...?'

ha!  I almost postponed this post as the end of summer harvest has been very busy as I help the harvester with some of his projects.  August was to be 'my' month which meant my outdoor projects.  But as I was saying, the harvest...


As summer ends I did finally finish:

 
The quilt top for the study. I began to see that the black and white blocks were too high contrast so I tried to spread them around but actually the low contrast fuzzy black and white ones are now showing up as the more troublesome.  A good lesson in value contrasts for me.  It was to be a 'controled' scrap quilt and I will be doing more along this scrappy line 'cause I obviously need more practice.  I need to spend more time working on the design wall.  A work in haste means I repent at leisure!  lol  It did make a goodly dent in some of my fabric scraps though.  Not much but some.

I did get the summer shower curtain up and functioning.  These thrift shop duvet covers have such great quality fabric.  The cotton fabric has a lovely hand and yummy texture details.

I put the borders on the old blue 30's sampler.  The stripes might have been better running horizontally on the sides but I got to thinking that the quilt top border was secondary to a smashing summer garment so I didn't want to lose too much width of fabric.

There was a couple of pillows to style up.  Two more for the entrance and one for the master bedroom.  That pink and yellow vintage floral just makes me sew happy!

I didn't find the directions but I did finish the apron.  It is a cross over with no ties and a handy pocket.  If it works well I will use it for mixed media and make another for drier projects.  I think it will splotch and splash up nicely!

And any spare time from food processing saw the door opening on the mayor's house being enlarged and the old vintage door was set in place.  We purposely hung it upside down because I wanted the swing a certain way on the inside and at some point we/he will cut out the top panel and insert a glass.  The door had already been trimmed down at some point in its life and had another handle and latch applied.  I hope to get everything painted up soon but that is another story for another post.  Oh, and those livestock bells need moving as I can't count how many times I hear/see bells ringing in my head 'cause I never seem to notice them until I set them off!  

I got the fence sprayed black and the gate spray painted a shiny metallic.  More dirt was added after I repositioned the pavers as there will be no grass in this small plot.   I am quite pleased with how this came together. It will have a yellow flower palette.   Fitting for the Mayor's wife!

And in just under the wire 'cause it is a rainy day...

The pillow cases for the master bedroom almost didn't make it but I just got them done.  See accountability deadlines.   A fine finish!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer