Spring in Sundown


Finally we have warmth and sun and green shoots.  Time to speed things up.  Instead of saving everything for one kinda long, maybe too long, post;  I am thinking of my motto- KISS, (keep it simple, sweetie).  So quick bursts it will be.


A huge stumbling block to my creativity was the Paris journal which took up valuable real estate.Not to mention the mess!  I had all the itinerary roughly in place.  I think its sheer size intimidated me. But I was determined this would really be a completed project.   I kept gluing and embellishing in the evenings all last week and every bit of ephemera went either into the journal or its box.   Done.  The wee Eiffel tower has been lost and found for the last time.   It is tied and stapled to the box where it dangles down.


The memory box  has a resting spot by my bedside.  I do have good memories!


With a clear counter and some more 1 oz. jars I could make more variations for my personal palette.  I only need to empty two more sample jars for a grey and a brown and I'm good.  I am already using them in my other journals.

With all the paper dealt with I can now focus on those other journals. I gave up the nature journal and turned it into a daily word journal.  Much better. It is part of my morning practice which has surprised me by being so very consistent.  The monthly journal catch up is next and the 2020 - year of the Covid19 is more a place to use my pretty paints and an example for my grand art students.  School children have been encouraged to journal this momentous time.    How I make my journals can be found on  my  Bookmaking 101  post.


The view out my playroom window calls me to come play in my garden.  Three cheers for Spring!

Comments

  1. Short and simple are always best!!! I find that the longer it goes, the harder it is to get started!!! So glad that you finished your Paris journal. You should share some of your favorite pages!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am happy to reply to comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

August- Finally Finishing

Harvesting the Last of Summer