I'm figuring a creative future


I have done some spring cleaning.  I have also done some spring dreaming considering it is still too cold outside.  I have read too many books.  I have joined several free online classes.  I have ordered a few, maybe more that a few, supplies.   I have cleaned my playroom and messed it all back up again.  I have started at least half a dozen new things after almost vowing not to do that anymore and have I have finished none.  Winter is past and I just know That Dandelion is just waiting to be the first fruit of many.  Spring will burst forth in all its green glory and I will be torn between my playroom and my playground.


I did the 30 day Closet Shopping Collective every single day and I have got new looks for whenever we can get out and about although lots are just the casual around home kind of ensembles.


I got through all the videos for the Sketchbook Revival and learned a thing or three!  In fact it brought to the fore my luv for making Journals!  It was the one video I immediately went down to my playroom and made room to do and most importantly finished.  Now I can add to the basic pages.


In fact the presenter's style is so in line with my own vision that I am very, very close to pressing the join button on her site. This photo is Kaylee Grey's Get Messy journal.  luv!  It involves a membership fee and I am counting the cost and my attention span.  I have resisted all the offers from old and new Pandemic opportunities.  I am trying to remember that dandelion and all its friends!

Rather than join a new class I went back to one I paid for before we moved to Sundown.  A Tree Journal!  I am doing the steps, one at a time before I peek at the next lesson.  I am quite enjoying it. When I am tempted to forge ahead before completing the assigned step I look at some of the short free videos on the site.

 And I found my elusive personal paint palette.  The lead in photo showed her personal paint pots.  That wasn't the lesson shown but a bit of sleuthing and I figured out how she did it!  I am pumped!!! I have always been drawn to the chalky finish of pale muted pastels. 

 I am also very focused on fine tuning my artistic style.  The fabric for the spring living room quilt is very much my design style.  I printed out some of the fabric on the printer to remind me.  I can't wait to make this into a quilt.
 

I have mastered printing out sewing patterns and after splattering paint on one of those 30 day selfies, I may be tackling an apron!  This pattern company was not as user friendly as my first PDF pattern.   I printed the darn thing and the test square was off.  It took a bit to change the percentage.  I am thinking a wild black and white graphic print will only be enhanced by my messiness!


The Paris quilt is closer to being a finished top and I am not sure I can actually take credit for resisting the urge to start 2 other spring quilt projects. 

I have much to do before I venture out into our property paradise.  Unfortunately my dear gardener couldn't wait and started cleaning up in the bush.  Apparently there is a snake in paradise.  Hubby has now been formerly introduced to poison ivy!  :/

How does a creative feature look?  Time will tell.

Comments

  1. Wow....you have been busy being creative!!! I love the color palette!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am happy to reply to comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

August- Finally Finishing

Harvesting the Last of Summer