Hopping To It



Belated Happy Easter.  No, that wasn't the doorbell.  Just an amaturish attempt at a selfie!!!  lol

Belated because with no crucial deadlines, interrupted to-do lists and a social calendar that has blank spots one finds time isn't quite as demanding of punctuality as it once was.

I do have plans.
The Shopping of the Closet 30 day plan isn't so much about new as looking at some concepts a bit differently.  Week 1 was identifying favourite things;  week 2 was completing  your look; week 3 was mixing dynamic opposition elements.  I know about mixing refinement levels and do it lots but feminine/masculine, casual/dressy, sweet/salty, long/short, slim/full etc.  really opened it up more.



Some of the sketchbook revival focused on mixed media and some on the more mental process.  One session was a monthly chart to track what you expected to accomplish.  This kinda resonated and I will try that.  The last lesson I watched was the preparation for the course and it was a handmade journal.  Would you believe no procrastination at all and while I have made journals I always learn something helpful!  But more on that later.

The first series of blocks on the chart is my morning routine and after doing it for a year, I got that nailed.  I shall have to work on the evening one now. 
 
The nature journal course I was doing with the kids is NOT my forte. So with a NIMBY  (not in my back yard) attitude I mailed off the whole shebang back to DD#2. $20  It was worth the sigh!!! Another session on journalling was a word journal.  YES!  Nature journal now is a word journal and is part of my A. M.  practice.  I am liking it.  My style-  a word some embellishment and a few splatters!!!  hummph  Who knows I might add a flower or bird feather at some point.
 
 A clean studio and sewing recommenced.  We won't look at the messy book making area in the mixed media end of the playroom though.  I started sewing sections of the Paris quilt together.  hmm, I should be doing this on Nina who is all the way around the table from the design wall.  Called a halt.  Shifted things around.  Closed up Agent 99,  the old singer which I do not luv, and set my Sparrow on top for piecing.  Much better.


I hemmed all the front room curtains and got the upstairs bath shower curtain all done.  I liked making simple patchwork shower curtains with a serger but I'm not sure they work in this more modern house.  I'm studying on that for next season's changes.
 
I am beginning to appreciate that journaling is my luv.  Making them for sure!  Then documenting events as well.  I thought all the mixed media would be helpful in making pages but I am beginning to appreciate the simplicity of less is more. That seems to be more my style.  I will continue to use my mixed media supplies but as the extras for my pages and not the main attraction.  My morning diary/planner is sporting some stickers but is staying simple and is more a reference for the 2 page monthly journal spread.  This new journal I made will be a four season book with 4 signatures.  Hopefully this season of social distancing won't last that long but 'they' say journals should document this global event.  I am on it! 

To stop the reading frenzy when I have a "what shall I do?' moment.  I started the puzzle I had got from the :Louvre. Awk!  What was I thinking???  See that black border!  But the more you look, the more you see.  Shades of black- a brownish black table, fuzzy black!   2 butterflys.   ohh, different kinds of peonys. and other flowers I am recognizing.   Good news is I am not binge reading!!!

This is long/wordy enough.  I shall post a book making tutorial later in the week.

Michael's gout has settled down.  The weather is freezing and snow is falling.  Spring cleaning is back on its last push.  That'll keep us hopping.  ooops! Right.  Stay away form hubby's gouty leg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

August- Finally Finishing

Harvesting the Last of Summer