How full is your Creative Cup?



We tend to view our glasses or our life as half full or half empty. 


If things are less than stellar we say our glass is half full.  If the sun is shining and things are 'Going My Way' then we say the glass is half full or even, YAY! brimming over!

I am a half full kind of gal.  Eternally optimistic.

As an introvert I have my stack(s) of books, my hobbies and my Stash!  I can survey my creative kingdom and nail up a sign saying 'Artist in Residence'! 

But somehow stopping to smell the roses (glue and paint) has caused me to locate a patch of stinkweed.  Does glue go bad?

How did I get so many projects lined up?  That is not what I expected of a glass brimming over.  Hmmm, I should perhaps expect that when I anticipate creative time and join every creative opportunity that comes down the scroll bar.   vbsigh


The private FB page set up for my grandstudents was easy but now I see that all the cute animals and craft videos I share to the kiddoes site means the assignments are lost.  This week it is back to regularly scheduled events and my KISS motto.

 Mondays are the prompt for the week's Natural Art journal projects.


I had joined Khan Academy because they have an art history section that is remarkable.  I am still learning that whole set up and it has dozens of interesting rabbit holes to pursue.  I have enrolled my own self as a student!  The videos are most helpful as a resource but my kiddoes are a bit young for that format so I will still have to send them a question or two of my own after they have watched the assigned videos.  Fascinating stuff though.   Wednesday is art art history day.


Then I will use all my stored/stashed material to post a fun technique or artist project on Friday. 

And in the mean time, inbetween time, I shall have fun!

Now is a super great time to focus on healthy habits.  My personal trainer has us doing 15 minutes of exercises and we are starting to feel the benefits. We do stairs, push-ups, stretches, breathing, crunchies, toe touches and jumping jacks.  Then we finish off with a smoothie.

 I am making kefir for our morning shake and appreciating the absence of tempting junk food.  We had hot muffins for coffee break last week!
 
Thank you, Mr Handyman.  My new ironing station works perfectly!  He cut down the tall cart and attached a plywood top to which we stapled a towel padding.

It fits perfectly at the end of the large cutting table so I can have large fabrics supported.  My guy attached a towel bar on one end of my sewing area and we positioned my long mirror on the other side.  It is handier and a bonus is that it bounces light around the back corner.

We got the downstairs bathroom and master bedroom all spring cleaned.  I got the pillow shams and a pillow made.  I need to rethink the curtains as the 'perfect' peachy pink duvet fabric is not going to work.  Much as I'd like to start whacking fabric for the lap quilt for the end of the bed I shall continue on with the guest room lap quilt.

So I contented myself with rearranging the book case!  I do luv making vignettes!



The triangles for the guest room lap quilt are slow going.  I haven't quite got a good rhythm yet. 


Cleaning the closet and setting things up for spring apparel means I don't actually need to do any garment sewing.  Amazing what you find that you stuffed in the back a year ago!  I did get a small fabric order.  The floral kinda excites me but the stripes has me flinching as it is so soft and stretchy.  What was I thinking!  I ordered a free PDF for a tank top.  11 sheets of paper!!!


And I must confess I spent an inordinate amount of time watching free rug hooking sites and digging out what I actually had from that particular stash. I found my wee hot pad!   I joined Deanne Fitzpatrick's  mailing list and watched her lessons and hooking.  I filled my cart from her shop.  I deleted some.  I pondered. I remembered my budget, sort of.  I lay awake dreaming. I deleted to absolute minimum supplies.  What the heck;  at $4 I will have the two scissors for cutting strips and cutting burlap.  vbsigh   I succumbed!  After eliminating my folk art books I have only one slightly modern book but it doesn't use knitting yarn or interesting textures.  I unpicked the Fortrel from an early project design that used burlap backing and washed it.  Note to self-  ziz zag the edges!  My thrift shop finds were even better than I remembered. yum!!!


And then I was so stressed with my to-do list I just had to de stress with some e-books!  My dearie shoulda took 'the T-bird away!' or at least locked me in my newly organized closet!


But we are all adjusting to the new regime, right?  Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it even if my glass is overflowing!

Comments

  1. I am also the eternal optimist but lean more toward extrovert!! I love your ironing table....such a good use of resources. I used to try everything that came along craft wise, but once I started quilting, most things just didn't interest me anymore, and that is a GOOD thing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am happy to reply to comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer