Catching the creative curve ball


Last post I was waiting for spring and its looking weatherwise and worldwise that I may just have to look ahead to summer!

So my ducks...


The Friendship Centre has closed its doors but we got our cleaning done just in time.


 Compassionate Quilting is done.  All Thumbs has postponed our evening sessions indefinitely and I suspect our one day mini retreat is crashing.  Yup, just happened.  I did get a start on my blocks for the guest room last week and will continue on hopefully in that designated evening slot!  Between snow storms and forced staycations we haven't gotten together as much this year.  We do have a general group email for connecting though.


I did have an art plan for the grand artists in place but now I need to tweak that to a kind of correspondence course!  Being quite rural we were able to get a last get together in place. 


They went home with a new game and I am so glad they can do these by themselves now.


In the beginning...
Our version of world history began in the middle and we will then expand our circles as we go.


Sometimes colouring gets a bad rap. Is it just for kindergarteners? No way! I told them my mum liked to colour and we did lots of colour by number and large pictures.  So we reviewed colouring.



While the two guys did their linguistic studies the girls and I tackle mixed media.  I had found two albums during the clean up.  One has a vellum sheet between stiff pages.  This will be our experimental technique book.  We made a collage background and found a focal point.  To blend the focal point into the background we added more tissue which needed to dry.  No time to add some details but the first technique page went well.  The vellum will keep things from sticking.  perfect!

                                                    Tried four times to change orientation!


Some years ago I tackled an ambitious weekly journal and I kept it up for almost a year.  I used a large binder and made my own pages. I did learn that my attention span is less than 12 months.  My planner works well for me and I am on my third year. yay!  But it isn't really very creative although I am now using stickers.  Another album I had found is meant for those large 12 inch sheets of scrap book paper. I found some I hadn't taken chunks from!  I figure a 2 page spread for each month and hopefully it will inspire the grand girls.


January and February are finalizing.  Not as mixed media as the inspiration album but still more visual than the planner.


Its a nice day so my creative carpenter is working on my new ironing station.

As I navigate this newly scheduled creative curve ball I have lots of balls to juggle.   EEK!  I have done it again!  Blame the internet!!!


One private Facebook page for Exploring Art 101 with the grand kiddoes.  We invited the relatives!!!  My grand students want to do it daily!
 I said YES!!! to another sew along.  Spring garment planning, I figure.   This is good.


And what I don't sew I will find in my closet!  I am in!!!!   Gooder?

And to keep some balance in my life....   why not!


Then perhaps I can use what I learn to post on the FB Mixed Media prompts! These are once a week event.  phew!

And goodness knows home many other 'free' opportunities I've 'liked'!  oye!

WoolCake: Live Videos and Notes From Deanne  Fitzpatrick

    Oh dear!  Can I just whisper or write real small?  A friend showed me primitive rug hooking with fortrelle some years ago.  I liked it but...  Then I took a regular rug hooking class for a wee apple tree mat.  I liked it but... (my cousin liked it less so I have a spare kit.)  Now I see it can be contemporary!!!!  I like it.  Yes!  She is from Nova Scotia!!!
Then there is my dear supervisors returning focus to the spring cleaning and all those projects

If I can't seem to distance myself from free activities I am definitely going to keep away from the junk food.  Kefir anyone?

I have a feeling that any stress is entirely self induced and has absolutely nothing to do with pandemonium!  ooops!  Gotta jump, one of my balls is falling! 


Here's hoping all my ducks are on the pond or at least lined up by next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

August- Finally Finishing

Harvesting the Last of Summer