A Situational Study


The Study.  The Den.  The Office.  The Computer Room. The Man Cave. Grandson's Guest Room. Sometimes The Family Room. Occasionally Movie Theatre.  It goes by many names and serves several functions. 


I am quite often informed that this is 'HIS' room and HE prefers function over form.  We almost had a 'knock down drag 'em out'  over spreading out his books on my curated book shelf.  So far I have given up one end of shelf.  We'll see.

I am amassing a list for Ikea and black picture frames is on the list.  I stole borrowed a small black glass topped lap top table from Ikea that sat in front of the window but it has been missed so that went on the list as well.  Everything in this room was specifically bought for it from Ikea except the wooden desk chair and all the accessories.  Even so, this room is full of memorabilia and memories.


I had planned to use two large good quality pieces of quilting cotton for curtains; a green with a coloured band sewn down the inside edge. .  But the guest room curtain debacle gave me pause for thought.  Spring cleaning unearthed an Ikea bedspread that I never actually used.  Perfect.  I sliced it up the middle, finished the edges, prepared a deep header and sewed away.  I wondered how much hem I would need to turn up???  phew.  The whole length skimmed the floor without any adjustments.  It was meant to be!!!



An additional pillow for the daybed and a layer cake of cotton fabric for a lap quilt completes the decorating plan.  I doubt I will buy any more layer cakes, and jelly rolls.  They cramp my creativity.  How to use these coordinated fabrics???  A four patch made sense but the spring decor has a modern feel to it.   I settled on a version of Stack the Deck.  Of course I am short a few layers but I have learned that adding something to these prepackaged kits adds a nice spark.  I expect this to be a quick quilt.


I had expected to be whipping through the upstairs bathroom and hallway but an unexpected flood swept through my laundry room, the under stair storage area and into the four corners of my hobby/playroom.  :^(   That has taken up most of the week.   Another creative opportunity to downsize and tweak things.  But no time to lean on the mop; spring approaches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer