Spring is on the Rise in Sundown







My Dearie has retired but his supervisor tendencies did not.  So he is the heavy lifter for our spring cleaning and I am the decorator/ accessory arranger!  lol  I am the planner and he is the implementer!  He also schedules the coffee breaks!





I luv planning and all the fabric and plans I had for the old farmhouse are revamped for our new life here in Sundown.  The population is maybe 50 but the deer certainly have us outnumbered!  But they don't eat fabric so I can lay out all my spring fabric plans and assign baggies and ideas to each room.




We eased into the whole process with our spare room and here is the almost blank slate.  Cooler palette with my favourite aquas showcased and for spring the yellow bedspread.

 This room welcomes guests and most weekends, the grand girls!    They have a doll cupboard that needed some attention and it took a goodly part of the morning. 





Some of my fabric choices.  Gee I wish I wasn't so OCD!  Choices???
S
What drives the process is my collection of vintage duvet covers that have fabulous cotton fabrics.  I had a butter yellow with loonie sized white dots for curtains.  Ikea has an opaque curtain with small polka dots that will be the underlay.  I wanted  the yellow to draw back and let the sunshine in.  First snafu was I now have two windows not one!  I decided those fabulous pillow cases the grand kiddies made for their parents would be better than matching bedspread shams.  And in my stash, whoo hoo, two lovely lengths of suitable print.  Sew sew sew.    hmmm,  not working.  I forgot rule of 1 1/2 times width.  vbsigh!!!  Putting my creative thinking cap on, I reverted back to a valence of my yellow!  But he who hangs the curtain rods absolutely refused to take out old 2 rod set up and redo with a 3 rod set up; something about $$$ spent on a vapour barrier.   More creativity- I attached the valence to the flat print.  A little hokey but it works! Onward.




 I wanted a wall hanging above the bed.  Hum, hum, hum!  You can perhaps see some of my choices.  I wanted a wonky star and I am prone to asymmetrical designs.  Now that it is up on the wall I see I still need to work on value which is my Achilles heel. Pillow cases and pillows were easy peasy.  All is done except for the hand sewing on the dresser runner and the lap quilt for the end of the bed.

 
I can glimpse thos bookcase from my chair in the front room.  I like the view.

I really need to get photos of my girls in that picture frame!  This is an alcove between 2 closets.

 In real life this wall hanging isn't quite so intense.  But it will do until I perfect my value skills!

I have kept an idea for a quilt I like and we'll see if my drafting skills are up to the challenge.  I need to stick with these wonky triangles because they relate to the wonky star points.  

Next up is the man cave (grandsons allowed).  And I will not be using the quilting fabric plan for the room's window since I have learned that the weight of the fabric is not conducive to a nice drape.  ah, another creative opportunity!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...