Creative replays (and a rant)

Its been one of those weeks!

Much as I'd have liked to plunge into the Spring projects I  recalled to mind my motto- Finish what you start!!!  So...

I am back to Paris!


I worked on my blocks for the Paris quilt.  Sure enough my math is off.  I did lay them out on the bed but this is not a good plan because there is no way I can get the top all sewn before I actually need the bed for what it is meant for.  zzzzz  I need that design wall.

I did spend some time working on the blocks I will need.    oops!  Found 10 more of those wee centres but I do think I have enough.

Haircuts and a lunch for Valentine's Day was close by the lumber yard but terribly high winds meant that the styrofoam would not have survived the ride home so we postponed that part of the Valentine present.  We got stuck in the driveway from the snow and winds on the return journey.  A red letter day for sure, just maybe not all lovely heart shaped.


I spent some of the evening adding extras to my journal.  I think I will find a decorator box that fits  the oversized journal and some odds and ends that never made it into the pages.  That will look better than an elastic band closure.  lol

Next day the truck was back in position and the driveway clear.  Off to get the styrofoam.  No.  None.  Nada!!!   vbsigh.


So I decided to try out my new steam iron on some of the wrinkled quilting yardage that I had found in my stash.  The old thrift shop iron I use is wonderful but sometimes a bit of steam is helpful.  All my choices were on sale.  I didn't pick the cheapest.   But I had grea expectations.  I read the manual.  I proceeded and I had heat and steam for about 3 metres in total.  Then things decidely cooled.  No lights, no heat, no action!   I am fast becoming convinced that if something is on sale it is beneficial to the seller and not to the buyer!!!   Meanwhile, the only steam is coming from my ears!!!

Hopefully I will have lights, heat and action to showcase next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...