Seeing 2020

In defence of my absence I have had some set backs as this new year approached.

After last grandchild completed their gifts I collapsed.  I had some kind of vicious virus that apparently was really 3 viruses that whammied the patient every time hope loomed.  I never went to the hospital  which are maxed out anyway.  But  'he who nursed me' almost had his hand on speed dial until my fever broke.  He was there with the liquids and chicken soup.
 
I seemed to have lingering energy issues but I did actually make it to the grand kiddies Christmas party and everyone was impressed with all their efforts.  It was an excellent time.  Tradition says we bring our jammies and stay over on Christmas eve.  When the noise gets too much we head home the next day.  Such a great time that we left just before dark.

I knew I was on the mend when I went down to sort out the mess in the hobby room!

I also quit taking an afternoon nap before new years so all is well!



I woke up at 5:00 am yesterday morning- wide awake!  Awk!!!   I have done it again!  Startitus!  I am sure that must be a virus, too!  I have started about 8 new things and I awoke in a panic!  The only motto I had explained to the kiddos was  FINISH STUFF!!!!!  hanging head in shame, sorta!


My dearie said to go ahead and order my portable sewing machine during the Boxing day sale so I cheerfully and quickly did that before the January budget review caused him to change his mind.
 
That meant gathering up Mini's accessories so I can give her to Eliana. 


 I am totally enthralled with the One Block Wonder Quilts and began cutting one of the fabrics I had got for it.  Ah, now I see what they mean by a busy print with limited background means the hexagons really are very similar to the look of the original fabric.  Kinda took the wind out of my sails but I will still do it as it works in mbrm.  Which led me to a bit of studio remodeling.  I have always worked with some type of design wall and these quilts really need one.  I think styrofoam panels 2' by 8' interlocking is my best bet and I moved the fabric shelving racks down a bit so I can store the panels when I don't need them.  Now I wait (im)patiently for my handy dandy man to go to the lumber yard.

Hubby is ready to put the plank I refinished up in the kitchen.   YES!   So that led to thinking about home decorating.  I dug around in the fabric stash and got themes for the front room quilts, runners and placemats and kinda figured a plan for each of the four seasons. Winter (traditional) is navy/burgundy and I have had this fabric a long time and actually bought it twice.  Fall will be funky and this new fabric is in the right colourways and has some orange.  The aqua/mauve floral is gorgeous and I thought I needed more so I ordered more.  Summer is about flowers.  Spring is a modern look, heavy with white but I just luv this cotton fabric.  I ordered the same print in a knit to make a pull on skirt. A bit bright but...   One Block Wonders figure in 3 of the seasons.  February is when we do our spring cleaning and I must get the various curtains hemmed and looking good and on the windows now that I know what I am doing. ha!  Then I can do the fun stuff.

My Sparrow arrived very quickly and I am quite thrilled.  But I realized I need to finish the curved 2 patch for my Paris quilt on Mini before I give her away.  So I cut out all the rest of my blocks and they are ready to go!  Quilt group tonight!


 I had done a closet sort to see what I need to purge and replace for the coming year.  I am low on pinks and I am embracing it!


Fortuitously (?)  the store I got Sparrow from sells fabric as well and I joined the #LoveYourself2020 sew along for January.  They specialize in knits as well as quilting cottons and I am thinking to add to my pink capsule with properly fitting garments.  They are having a sale to help us!!!  ;-/

I spent more than a day or two researching knit patterns and ordering.  Then another day coordinating all the different options to the various patterns.  Some knits have specific uses.  What a learning curve!  I've never sewn knits.  But the gals are all sew helpful and are posting videos!   I am inspired!  vbsigh

I am so gung ho!  But then I read Marcy Tilton's book, and decided I needed to not be sew hasty or I'd be repenting in leisure.  Cotton fabric for a vest.  Darn I'm short!  The lack is arriving as soon as the shop can get all the orders processed.  I could do a warm up in a simpler style though. The good news is that when they put it in the mail in the evening I can track it.  As we are both rural it arrives at my wee post office the next afternoon! sweet!

My all things food man has been eyeing up the garden seed catalogues.  Then snow removal has had him considering the best places for shelter belts.  I have put all that off till after the holidays and have just a general idea of what I want landscape wise.  but then...


We treated the hardworking grand kiddos to a movie/party time.  They arrived with 3 videos and the master cook had different goodies for each one.  My eyes went a little square but then they turned heart shaped as the last one played out.  The Secret Garden!  awe!  Now I have always wanted a walled garden.  We are no England but with some creative refiguring the grand gardeners and I figure we could do it.  The Big Gardener isn't quite convinced it'll be cheap and easy but there is no stopping this particular rolling stone, mossy or not!  And do I want to?  I am leader of the pack!!! So I have been sending them pinterest ideas and we are considering the best place for it.  Oh, we have also added a fish pond!  lol

My Paris journal is almost done.  I am amazing myself.  It is pretty big and stays shut with a significant belt.  I may just look for a nice box to store it in.



I did finally get my puzzle all done.  There are something like 150 eyes but I did enjoy it.

So now that I can see a little better my vision for 2020 is to get a good head start on all this and try to keep the brighter ideas to a minimum!   Here's to a new decade.  May it be a creative one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer