Its a Wrap

Down to the last grandchild's present making date.  Joshua, 11,  works faster so we have been working away and have a bit of time left over to battle the cold that he says he never brought with him!

We picked him up between our first holiday party and the weekly luncheon at the Friendship Centre. He had started working on his first project in our Home Ec time as his sisters were catching up with their part of our group projects.


I think every time I plug in the lights at the hall their are less and less bulbs springing into life.  It is a fair ways to Ukrainian Christmas!  There was enough players so Josh wasn't actually needed so he  and his grandplayer were a team.


That turned out to be a long day so we had an easy night and got well rested for a big marathon day.  But first some breakfast for the Red Baron and all!

We started with a mug rug.  But the recipient is a proper tea drinker so a bigger size was needed. 

All the kids had decided on a pillow case for Papa and I googled this great pattern that takes 3 pieces of fabric and three seams.  Practically foolproof!  Papa's is green with ducks.

 Josh decided Mama needed a matching one so we did pink with duck trim.  A quick recheck on YouTube confirmed we could proceed as planned.

Littlest sister needed a bag for her stuffies so I googled again.  I don't know if we (me) were tired or if the directions were not good but we took this apart 3 times before it looked right.  One time I just sliced off the offending seams and we began again.  It does look cute but doesn't bear close scrutiny and is definitely no heirloom!


On to Papa's basket.  Great directions from my quilt book.  Overseer error as we forgot to leave space for cardboard inserts under the lining but it still is very usable.


I am going to have to make some of these myself.  They were on my round toit list but I just hadn't got  around to it!

Josh was curious enough to want to come to All Thumbs Quilt group.  So I needed another project for him.  The kiddoes had made a table runner for their mum.  This is a light runner more suited for summer so...
We grabbed a backing and some polka dots that coordinated.  We got the top all cut out and even had time for some lovely Christmas snacks!

And while he was off ironing I was sewing bits together as Josh wanted to know why I wasn't sewing.  Oh dear!  another project???
The last sister was to get a box which needed painting and a photo of a favourite kitten inserted into the top. 

Sew this is a wrap.  All are homemade and only one not sewn.  My 'editer' who is at my elbow saws technically he never made the wooden box.  vbsigh

 And now perhaps he can find something else to do while I go find the Buckley's and a nice warm blankie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer