Ready to tie the knot


Tying up the last things before I leave on my big adventure!


Its kinda nice to be ahead of the game than galloping behind it!


 The daffodils for the apricot forest  and the tiny blue bulbs for the blue island garden are all in the ground.  The saskatoon bush is the backdrop and my frost hardy monkshood is just starting to bloom.  The tubs will remind me to make two small water features and lime green plants/shrubs will compliment all the blue stuff. The well will get a small house for my old pump as a disguise.  Snow is falling as I type so I'm glad that is done.  It was a bonus that since we have gotten the bulk of the rain; the snow has inundated the city!



The 2 days of clement weather allowed for getting the plank for the kitchen sanded down and sealed.


Then the quilt was quilted and bound.
 
  I decided to not get cute with the back so it is just two chunks.  The more I thought about the age of this project the more nervous I came about cranberry red and light fabrics!  hmm  So on a trip to buy euros I stopped to inquire about colour catchers. NOT available in Canada.  good grief!  But the lovely shop owner gave me a sheet from her stash with instructions .  Good thing.

The first wash was pretty red and the second was still catching colour.  I hope the dryer set any leftovers.

And of course because she was so nice I bought some things.  A pattern:
I got a good start on my cross body messenger bag and then I remembered my grey leather purse I got for some style challenge and it meets all the safety requirements for thwarting pick pockets.  I continued to make it but when I attached the flap's metallic clasp on the wrong side I ran out of forward motion.  I have figured how to hide the boo boo but that really light handle is now bugging me.  Irritating because the strap needed 44 inches of fabric.  Should I cut my only yard or piece a couple of fat quarters?  Looks like I should have pieced the darker fat quarter.  vbsigh.  I shall think about that when I return!


My travel capsule is evolving as I check weather forecasts and luggage space.


Which brings me to my Paris journal.  Way too much fun as it has grown explosively.  But I am liking it.  When DD (dear daughter) arrived we discussed the tentative plan for the weeks events so I could do some kind of sequential order for the signatures..

 Then I sewed the signatures to a piece of fabric which I would glue to the covers.  Half way through I thought, ah, the signatures are supposed to be sewn then all are compressed and lined up and glued to that fabric.  Oh, well!  Creativity is all about problem solving.

 The covers fit pretty well so I made a cardboard spine and joined everything together.  A nice piece of fabric hides a multitude of messes.  But paging through I see some wide gaps between the individual signatures.  Another creative opportunity!

Some were restitched.  Some were disguised with ribbon.  One was joined to make a lovely pocket!  Its all good!

A few supplies to throw in a baggie and I'll be good to go.  I shall show of the journal in more detail when I return.

Until then, Ca, va tres bien, et toi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...