You can quote me!



It is good to take a moment to step back and consider things.  Things have been a bit hectic but that is better than hody hum in my estimation of things in general.

All the plans for the yard are not by any means completed but then where would the dreaming be.


Goal number one was to reduce the amount of sand tracked into the house.  A few bald spots to fix up but most of the grass has been planted.  The front terrace was paved with pavers that look like wood. 
 We were one long paver short and I need to bring back one short one for the arbor approach from my other bright idea!

We invited the neighbour to put down her spatula and come over so two could hold the arbor up while we each evaluated the perfect height.  We all agreed!  This is the entrance to my favourite white garden.


I was just thrilled that my white clematis has took so well.  When it fills and covers the arbor I hope the meter is hidden.


.My transplanted daisies, originally from my parent's garden,  luv it here.


Drainage was another major goal and the main sump hose is now trenched and awaiting fine tuning before filling.  The auxiliary sump pump was a challenge but the culvert is down and is in the process of being back filled.  It will be my 'wishing well' and supply water for the gardens and flower beds.  My yard is a colourwheel so the blue garden which is barely begun, will rely heavily on blue accessories.  The Faeries don't like the late night shenanigans so I moved Frog Town to the blue section. 


My Gardener, who is interested in all things food related,  has evaluated the vegetable gardens and is making plans for improvement for next year.  I wasn't really listening to all the details because I was thinking of my own list of must have perennials!  I rather doubt I can get Ornamental Thistles past the weed inspector!  lol


The windows are my command centre from which all things creative originate.  North facing!


The small community we are part of is winding down their own yard work and quilting is back on the radar!  I have missed it and feel bad that all my plans for razzle dazzling them with finished UFO's is a fizzle.  BUT, DD#1 has inquired on the status of the UFO I resurrected for last year's quilt start and I thought, gulp, No way!  So I have plan B ready for action!  I will save the hand applique project for when I don't want to drag Mini out into the freezing cold!


She is due for a visit mid October and I do luv (make the most of ) a deadline!!!  I just cannot stick to the plan, especially after a whole guild made one back in 1990 I think.  So I shall  simplify  customize this to better suit her living room decor.  ;^)


She and I will be leaving from here for our trip to Paris so nothing like starting an whole 'nother creative project.  I need a wee travel journal to document 7 days in Paris.  So far I have 10 signatures of a minimum of four pages each in various planning stages.  Wisdom dictates I don't actually figure the cover and spine depth till I finalize the plan.   eek!

My wardrobe planning fluctuates.  From- just cram it into a back pack, which I'd have to buy; to take the darn suitcase just in case I fall into a thrift shop sale!!!   Mind you a classy scarf would fit in the backpack!   No photo as I am vacillating badly!

But life IS good.  Even if the bright red leaves in the bush are turning out to be poison ivy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer