Creative Travel Capsule


Dauphin's Canadian National Ukrainian Festival

A 50th anniversary present from the kids and we were off to the Canadian National Ukrainian Festival.  We had driven up a number of years ago not realizing the scope of the event and had always wanted to go back as it is well attended and hotel rooms sell out quickly and there is so very much to see and do.

 I needed a small wardrobe capsule as a practice for the Big trip in Fall..  I learned it isn't necessarily what you want but what is necessary.   The heat and the bleachers proved the short capris a great choice,  The long pale yellow scarf/shawl was a brilliant suggestion.  I threw in an old beige cardigan at the last minute and it was indispensable for morning coffee and evening chill!  What was I thinking!!!  Too hot for the long sleeve tees although I coulda/shoulda maybe thought about evenings since we did nip back to the hotel between shows.  One tee I didn't wear because I wore my souvenir purchase.  The backpack leaves the hands free but is hot and pickpocketable so I need to rethink pockets and a small cross body bag for that Big trip.  All in all, it was successful!


A fun time and I felt very comfortable.

There was a very large selection of souveniers.  I had no idea there was so much variety in footwear.

The preferred colours and patterns is rather overwhelming for me with my light colouring and low value contrast.  I knew I wouldn't get much wear from most choices.  But this tee is already in circulation!  Jewelry makes great memory makers.  I need larger earrings and settled on the circles and the tri-coloured ring when I saw the silver and white beaded choice.  Totally thrilled with them all!  The book is about Ukrainian women and their creativity. 

I am learning that the best way to keep track and get a travel journal done is to at least put things in the right days.  So I whipped up a journal the night before I left.  I only worked in it one morning but that gave me enough of a trial to know how to do it better!   But that deserves another post.

What a fun time.  We were on the go 90% of our waking time but it was a good enough pace.  Late nights for us but a change is as good as a rest and we were excited to be up and anticipating the day, enjoying all the festival which begins with music and dancing and ends with music and dancing!!!

 Wonderfully entertaining and informative adjudicator comments at the daily sessions for the junior competitions which took place on one of the lesser stages.

A grand stand show in the afternoons and in the evenings were delightful!  I'm sure these performers found the heat challenging as they can wear up to seven layers and they are pretty much in motion for an average of five minutes.

This will certainly be remembered as a stellar event and a long lasting memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Party

The transportation of transplanting

Whats done, is almost done!