Creative Minimalism



There are two kinds of minimalism: minimalism as an aesthetic style and minimalism as a lifestyle philosophy.  I kinda aspire to both.

As a style or a philosophy, , minimal describes any concept that is pared down to its most essential elements.

In a lifestyle one puts away nonessentials and what doesn't work or fit the need.  Then one can focus on  what is personally important.  Hopefully downsizing and moving headed us off in that direction and what would really make me (us) happy is not to repeat gathering and clutttering.

Minimal art, which became popular in the 1960's as a counter movement to the bold and colourful abstract expressionists of the post World War II years, features a much subtler use of colour and often focus on clean geometric shapes.  I like the cleaner simpler lines myself.

In the fashion world minimalism focuses on functionality and a clean, modern silhouette with minor embellishment and a toned-down colour palette.  I can appreciate the look but its not something I could whole heartedly embrace.

In art,design and fashion, minimalism is a specific style that can be identified by a set of characteristics,  But minimalist living is keyed to the individual and is finding the way to improve ones daily life an therefore unique to the searcher.

And apparently it isn't a quick fix or a fast formula.  It takes time to ponder, select, and generally figure out what works best in ones own life.and I suppose continually editing and evolving.

So I bought another book.  The Curated Closet.  My style journey has been profitable.  I kinda got who I am and what I want to portray.  But things ahave gotten out of hand and the closet is uncomfortable full!

Now to figure out a creative solution to minimizing my closet.


But what I would embrace is an organized closet with artistic elements of clean geometric shapes and a subtle toned-down palette


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer