What are you Goking at?

The Book Club book is Gok Wan   Work Your Wardrobe .  Probably not something I would have bought but I have enjoyed reading as his style is very creative and that appeals to my aesthetic.


He talks about Chic Classics  (basics) and how to style them to suit ones personal style.  The second section is all about Elegant Extras (accessories) which I have learned are what makes one's style unique.  Then in section 3, Timeless Style he puts looks together. This book is ten years old but I didn't find it dated at all.


He luvs waistcoats which are what vests are called in the UK.  This reminded me that I want to incorporate them into my own style.

 An additional challenge was to choose a look inspired by the book and then another look inspired by an accessory.

I decided to chose from the shoe section although the tote bag, scarves and jewelry all are mentioned.

The hair section didn't really influence me but I have just got so tired of the mid length hair always being in my face so I cut it short.  Not short enough as it won't stay up with the addition of product so half again, I'm thinking.  Interesting how hair styles affect style.  I am feeling more Gaminish!


I was also reminded that one must be ahead of the seasons if one is looking for particular items.  I am not so much interested in the trends as in a specific item like a peacoat which would be hard to find as Fall comes and goes.  As I keep telling my hubby, looking for long johns in January isn't feasible.  The stores are all about the winter cruise swimsuits!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer