Summer Styling


Summer time and the living is easy! Too true.   I definitely have a softer persona in the summer. The local flowers may be bold and beautiful but I do luv the soft pink peonies, my favourite peach lilies and my white shade garden.
 

This would be my dressier look for church, dinners and such.

This would be my out and about look, lunches and town trips. I really, really like mixing refinement levels and I doubt I wear the same things the same way very often.

This would be bike rides around town, mail trips or a quick grocery run to the nearest small town.

 Its almost a looser more feminine side that shows when I am not in my summer uniform which is carpi's or cut-offs, tees or shirts, and thongs.  (they were thongs to me long before they became flip flops! ) .  Hats do keep the sun out of my eyes and the hair out of my face. 

Both of the skirts in the above photos were from my first serious thrifting trip.  They have been in the edit pile a few times but I am very glad to have them in pride of place in my summer wardrobe.  The reason for the yes-no-maybe so was that I was discovering my style.  It has taken a couple of years but with a LOT of help from my fellow fashionistas in the 40+style club and some good book recommendations I do have a plan.


 I really like Brenda Kinsel who has a blog and is also on FB.  I can relate a lot to her style and suggestions.  This book did help me start to hone in on my style as well as appreciate the finishing touches that accessories (beauty bundles) bring to styling clothes.  I can't imagine life without bracelets now!  and SNEAKERS!  oh, those have upped my game plan mightily!  Hats are also kinda fun.  I am not too keen on dozens of purses but a nice straw bag for summer is on my wish list.

June's book club recommendation was an earlier book that Brenda published which may have been a better first read but I am always happy to reinforce what I have learned and get a better understanding.  I have a large collection of clothes that meet almost all my needs thanks to thrift shopping.  Actually, I now have too many choices.  I need to edit!  Living may be easy but it is also busy so I suspect the edit will happen at the fall equinox!


I'm about half way through and I realize I must upgrade the quality of my wardrobe and the fit.  They kinda go together.  Brenda says fit is a feeling.  If one closes one's eyes and uses ones senses, then one can feel fabulous, okay or just plain off!  Fabulous is what to go for.  Closing ones eyes eliminates colour and cute styling; distractions from honest appraisals for sure!  Just one try this morning sent a lovely but uncomfortable top back to the going, going, gone pile!  I did have a similar but better choice.  YAY!!!   That was easy so now to enjoy the living part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...