Art 101


If you really want to learn something, then teach it!  I am the art department for my 3 homeschooled grand kiddies.  And I learn as much, if not more, than they do.


I began a few years ago and focused on the elements and principles of art with a cobbled together curriculum of my own.  Art/creativity is a broad topic and I wanted to explore its roots, art in history.  So I tried to add that.  A visit to an exhibit at the Winnipeg Art Gallery expanded our horizons even more.  Nothing like up close and personal to get an art student excited!  We are getting quite a list of artists whose work we can recognize.


 Two years ago I was encouraged to check out The Sparklers Club and was delighted to find many of the things I wanted to include in my classes was already explained, sequenced and user friendly.  Not without cost but the multigrade levels and variety will be a big help as I encourage creativity in my grand students and myself.
























And of course we take our art outside when the weather permits. 



What to do with the leftover art supplies????    Lets get creative with the art room floor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...