Garden 23/6/19



White and green are the colours for the side shade garden,  I have seen no problem with my Labrador Violets which are tiny flowers,  white with bits of purple tinges. The vivid purple irises are so early that they pretty much stand alone as they surround the above ground cement tank. I thought the variegated iris with its brief lilac blooms later in the season could probably get by for after all, gardens are relaxing places and these few bits won't jar the eye.  But 4 pots of Rapido White carpathian bellfowers that are showing distinctly purple cannot remain.  I shall replace them when I see the whites of their blooms in the nursery.


I never had any luck with astilbes at the farm so I am pleased to see my latest try blooming well.


The west shade garden is doing so well.  The white swan clematis is looking a bit limey but that could be because of the rain and warmer weather/  I hope so.

The mock orange is showing two flowers!  The wave petunias have yet to wave!


I must have lost the stake for the hydrangea I had tried last year as I assumed it was MIA..  But here it is and looking quite perky!


The blue morning glory was kinda iffy but lo and behold...  I shoulda planted a few.  I sure hope it self seeds!  It is exactly what the blue garden needs.  Maybe a triangular shape to climb. hmm, a wee windmill?


The pink Lady's Slippers at the road allowance which the neighbour trims is blooming but I see no signs of plants on our ditch side.  Maybe later?  The wild roses are quite pink this year but these seem pale, probably because of the full sun.


And the east side garden area is being leveled.  Its amazing what clearing the junk away and leveling black dirt can do.  The garage has Styrofoam sheets buried below the ground so planting is a problem.  I will have a creative sitting area on pavers similar to the front entrance.  I am thinking casual country setting with an old door and window frames on the shop wall.  A clothes line along the far side and privacy screen across the driveway side will be its borders.  Then a lovely bed of pink, red, purple. flowers to look at as I hang clothes or sit and watch the world go by!  Hmm, I just may add some low bushes along the paver border to enhance the walk thru the 'apricot forest.  The chips are waiting to be spread on the 'forest' floor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...