Summer sewing

The summer style challenge was a graphic skirt and as the landscape budget is eating into the clothing budget I needed a 'good' idea!  Some years ago I had spent time playing with a cotton sheet and my fabric sprays and paints.  I stenciled as well as using some home made stamps.  I added a few splashes and flicks and put it away in my stash.  Its time had come.

I tried to recall all my old garment making skills and Eliana tackled a pillow for the guest room.  She was spending a few days and we decided the summer decor could use some beefing up.


Helping Eliana work on her quilting skills took some time.  I did tell her we had no time for a run to the emergency room.  eek!

The finished reult turned out not too bad! 

She wanted to tackle a skirt.  So we did a basic rectangle and elastic waist.  She wasn't too impressed but I explained we must walk before we run!!!  (on her next visit she brought a book with patterns!  lol)

I did get my skirt done before the challenge deadline.  But I also knew I needed to do some serious reorganizing if I was going to do more garment sewing.  A few rainy days made working on some old to-do lists possible and the hobby room now has all its wall accessories up.  Vacuuming up the drill dust helped get things reorganized.  My Carpenter will make a big sewing table which will help get things put away but that just might have to wait for a snow storm!  Yay for summer creativity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...