garden 6/16/19

Tiny lady slippers under Jolina's tree.  Then in a walk about with the grand gardener they found tins under the back bush which has pines, spruces, caraganas and what looks like wild (?) amur maples.  And apparently a lilac!  Pink lady slippers are 2 weeks later and there will be one in the front ditch.


Luv my Solomon's seal.  The high bush cranberry was leafing out and then I noticed all the droopy leaves.  That hard frost???  I pruned it up a bit and gave it the same fertilizer I give the apricots.


  The hostas in this side yard are doing well.  The wee painted fern, half way up the wood chips, is even showing promise.  Another hosta shoot is emerging.  JOY! 

 The irises were phenomenal, tall, a rich purple. but the frost and wind has about finished them. 



I had planted this miniature iris,  a cranesbill and some fox glove.  Only the iris survived winter and I don't remember it being this vivid.   What I thought was at least one foxglove proved to be a weed.  vbsigh


The apricot forest is just passed the air conditioner and the 8 saplings planted this spring have been sporadic in leafing out.  There is only one more small sapling to leaf out.  Here is hoping!  I must spread another load of wood chips and let things mature a bit before adding an understory.


These wonderful lilies from the farm are so beautiful and smell so fabulous.  I am SO glad they survived the winter.  The ostrich ferns that surround the deck first showed on the west side.  I despaired  that all the others on the North side would emerge but all is well.

New rope for my bunny's swing.  When The ferns fill out he will brush their tops and continue to make me smile when I see him!   Gardening makes me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...