Creative Busyness


I think I must resign myself to the fact that the yard is at its beginning stages and will require much more of my time than I had anticipated.  I will have to save some of my other hobbies for hot afternoons or rainy days!


I continue to do Art 101 with my Grand kiddies.  We are working away on strengthening and expanding our skills and knowledge.  We have entered  the medieval period.



 We also developed our muscles as we off loaded pavers for the next hardscaping project for the yard, the front terrace.

I have kept the middle grandchild, Eliana, to help me with some of my projects.



I have made a binder of the main areas round the house.  As we work at the yard and as we review various options I try to write down what we did and what we plan.   We fine tuned the side yard again.  Eliana found a hosta on which I'd put a large cement block.  It is now feeling much better!   And as we experimented with the placement of the new pavers I realized the approach to the side yard through an arch needed work.  It seems a wooden arbor will not work as well as a metal one, possibly with a small gate.
 

Frog Town will be the name for the blue themed flower bed.  I think it can also house an old pump we brought from the farm.   Perhaps it could be positioned over the pipe.


Mr. Gardener wants to put a second sump pump to help out with drainage and we are agreed on its placemnet.  The 'wishing well'  will cover all that. I want a fairly big one with a pail that winds up on a roll bar.  We have extra siding and that will be a good transition from the more formal side yard to the more casual back yard.  From Faeries to Frogs so to speak


 With summer officially starting soon Eliana and I started the summer decor.  She found a rather colourful backing on an old quilt which meant a different wall hanging.  That in turn lead to possibilities for a new pillow.  

A rainy day should see us doing some 'other' hobbies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

Harvesting the Last of Summer

There is always something...