Going Green

 The trees have yet to unfurl their buds but the May long weekend approaches.  So the trees and transplants are in their gathering places. 

It is always SO tempting to concentrate on my white garden especially as the other planting areas aren't really ready.  But I need to give some attention to the containers that will only increase as maintenance and aging loom on the horizon.

The garden shed was completed last fall except for the door and window.  All the 'stuff' was shoved in before the snow fell and now the doorway is ready to eject all the paraphernalia.  I am thinking my blue garden bed will be next. Last year's planting of crocus bulbs are showing green shoots.  The new dog, Maya, hasn't bothered that section of the yard as of yet.

My dear hubby, the grand gardener,  is now my new landscape assistant and I am delighted to find that he is catching on to the inevitable scourge of design that involves do it, change it and do it again.  We are moving one set of garden boxes closer to the 'salad bar' and are considering moving the main tilled and prepared garden.  vbsigh.  Maya seems to prefer the better one.  another VBsigh. 

One more round of greenhouses before we pick up the grand kiddies.  They will be more than thrilled to find places for all my garden accessories.   Here's hoping the weekend is not only long but sunny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer