An Whole Lot of Creativity going on!



Nothing like a deadline to spur one to action.  The Four Patch Fusion top is from a Kayla Alexander Stack a Deck book, New Cuts for New Quilts.  It was published 2006 so the top is at least ten years old.  I really like the way these stack a deck blocks are made.  The constant changes keep things interesting. (motivating)  I spent one day creating a nice backing and choosing binding.  Then another day quilting and binding.  I used neutral for in the ditch and then variegated cotton for the diagonals.


Then since I was ahead of the game for a change I tackled a half square triangle top.  The fabric was an old one and kinda art decor piece that appealed to me.  I chose colours from the selvedge colourway and threw in a few close enough to keep things from being too predictable.  It turned out rather small but I do like it.






















 The quilt show set up went well.   It is always fun to then personalize the show and this years show members did a great job.

 and then most of us left to spend the next day making desserts for the lunch.  my dearie has expanded his creativity to desserts.  first trys!

I think this cute hanging welcomed a good variety of visitors and we had a good turn out.


All members of All Thumbs Quilters wore burgundy tee shirts which I thought were a great idea and very creative.


 Another creative corner showcased our raffle quilt done in the sister's choice block.  Apparently the small cushions got the most reaction when it was all delivered!


There was a silent auction and I put all my tickets in the bag for a stylish umbrella with sewing motifs and an handcarved mushroom, a local variety.  I am sure it went to a great home.  vbsigh!





And when its all over take down goes smoothly and all too swiftly.  Now we need to start thinking of new ideas for the next All Thumbs Quilt Show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats done, is almost done!

There is always something...

Harvesting the Last of Summer